Calculate pixels (and other units!) in DPs
This tool helps you convert pixels to and from DPs (density independent pixels).
- Enter a value and unit to calculate the dimensions for the various DPI bins (ldpi, mdpi, hdpi, xhdpi, xxhdpi and xxxhdpi).
- Enter either a DP (density independent pixel) value or a PX (pixel) value below.
If you use pixels, you can set the screen density that it currently displays on.
The values are calculated based on:
Take special note of the `nodpi` bin; specifying resources using this qualifier specifically instructs the system to not scale resources, regardless of the current screen’s density. The DP/PX converter above behaves slightly different when selecting this bin, as it treats the specified pixel dimension as DP.
Latest Videos & Posts
A modern Hungarian notation
- Some discussion has recently popped up on the internet about the use of Hungarian notation. Many software engineers...
- Our free app Lootjes Trekken is for our Dutch friends, to celebrate a national holiday! Android app Heb...
Debugging Android devices on Linux
- Often working with custom-built Android hardware, we’ve found that it can sometimes be tricky to enable debugging on...
Pixplicity Talks – Developing Hardcore Android Wear Apps
- We close our series about developing for Android Wear with a video about developing fully fledged Android Wear...
Pixplicity Talks – Android Wear Watch Faces
- There is already an assortment of watch faces available on Google Play, and if you want to materialize...