Calculate pixels (and other units!) in DPs
This tool helps you convert pixels to and from DPs (density independent pixels).
- Enter a value and unit to calculate the dimensions for the various DPI bins (ldpi, mdpi, hdpi, xhdpi, xxhdpi and xxxhdpi).
- Enter either a DP (density independent pixel) value or a PX (pixel) value below.
If you use pixels, you can set the screen density that it currently displays on.
The values are calculated based on:
Take special note of the `nodpi` bin; specifying resources using this qualifier specifically instructs the system to not scale resources, regardless of the current screen’s density. The DP/PX converter above behaves slightly different when selecting this bin, as it treats the specified pixel dimension as DP.
Check out Pixplicity Academy. Every few months, we give a two-day workshop on Android. With lunch and dinner included, it gives you the toolkit to form a solid basis for Android development at any level. Our world-class Android guru and CTO at Pixplicity, Paul Lammertsma, teaches the workshop of only 10 people, so you will get a ton of personal attention.
We’re happy to help you arrange a trip to the Netherlands; check the Academy page for up-to-date information about upcoming workshops.
Sign up for a two-day Pixplicity Academy course.
We offer workshops for any level Android developer in a lovely hotel in the Netherlands, with lunch and dinner included.
Latest Videos & Posts
Making Your Watch Face Wear 2.0 ready
- Android Wear 2.0 is right around the corner. The preview can be downloaded for a variety of devices...
Google Allo works with SMS and even when not installed
- Google’s new messaging app Allo takes a unique and interesting approach to get new users on board: it...
A modern Hungarian notation
- Some discussion has recently popped up on the internet about the use of Hungarian notation. Many software engineers...
- Our free app Lootjes Trekken is for our Dutch friends, to celebrate a national holiday! Android app Heb...